Deadline: August 25, 2011
The Health Research Board and Irish Cancer Society are pleased to announce a joint call for applications for individuals working in Ireland to apply to become an NCI Cancer Prevention Fellow, under the auspices of the Ireland-Northern Ireland – NCI Cancer Consortium.
It is intended that individuals applying from Ireland will pursue careers in cancer prevention in Ireland upon completion of the fellowship. Applications are due on 25th August 2011 for entry into the Programme the following June.
What will I get out of the programme?
• Masters of public health (M.P.H) degree
• Participation in the NCI Summer Curriculum in Cancer Prevention
• Mentored research opportunities at the NCI
• Funding to enable you to return to Ireland and progress your research career
What areas of cancer prevention research are available?
• Clinical cancer prevention research
• Development and research-related review of drugs, biologics, or medical devices
• Evidence-based decision making
• Laboratory-based research
• Social and behavioural research
• Statistical methodology
Am I eligible?
To be considered for the CPFP, you must fulfill the following eligibility requirements: • Doctoral degree
• Prior postdoctoral experience
• ROI citizen or EU citizen employed in ROI
How do I apply?
• Applications can be made online at https://cpfp.cancer.gov/
• The application website is open from 1 May 2011 until 25 August 2011.
For further information on the Cancer Prevention Fellowship programme please Download the Information Flyer
Enquiries to: Dr Teresa Maguire, Health Research Board. Telephone: 01-2345139 / Email: email@example.com.