Application : 20 June 2011
In accordance with the policies and guidelines of the Chinese government, from Oct. 1 2010, CUCAS will offer scholarships worth US$1000-$2000 to encourage international students and scholars to study in China in 2011.
The CUCAS Scholarship Scheme welcomes all overseas students who will begin their studies either in the spring or autumn semester of 2011 to apply to appropriate schemes. In addition, those who recommend others to apply for this scholarship will be eligible for rewards.
The CUCAS Scholarship Scheme is classified into two categories: â€œChinese University Scholarshipâ€ and â€œCUCAS Excellent Students Scholarshipâ€œ.
Check theÂ 2011 Spring Intake ProgramsÂ to find your program at different Chinese universities. These universities have started to accept online applications on CUCAS.
Any student enrolled in 2011 Spring Intake Programs on CUCAS will be eligible to apply for CUCAS Excellent Students Scholarship.
Chinese University Scholarships
According to the educational exchange agreements and understandings reached by CUCAS and the corresponding governments, organizations, and universities, the CUCAS University Scholarship is a program run by CUCAS which aims to help Chinese universities to recruit excellent international students. This scholarship will be awarded to foreign students studying or conducting research atÂ designated universities.
Who can apply?
- Scholarship applicants must have been enrolled in 2011 fall intake programs atÂ the designated universitiesÂ of â€œCUCAS University Scholarshipâ€Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Education background and age limit, see more detailsÂ here.
Max. Amount per person: 1,000 US dollars; No. of Scholarships: 36
The CUCAS University Scholarship is awarded to cover or subsidize the cost of tuition. The scholarship money will therefore be paid directly to the university the student is attending.
How to apply
Applicants for the CUCAS University Scholarship must first be accepted by one of our designated universities. Those who havenâ€™t met this prerequisite can browseÂ the list of Designated UniversitiesÂ to apply for a school and fill out the online application form.Once you are admitted by the university and receive an admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship by submitting the online scholarship application form and supporting documents either to CUCAS or to the university.
The detailed online scholarship application procedures are as follows: 1. Apply for a Designated University -> 2. Receive the Admission Notice -> 3. Submit Scholarship application to CUCAS-> 4. University evaluates and makes decision -> 5. Scholarship recipient register at the university-> 6. Scholarship distributed by CUCAS
To apply for the CUCAS University Scholarship, you need to submit the scholarship application to the corresponding universities or to CUCAS. The university will evaluate the applications and make decisions. The application documents are as follows:
* CUCAS Scholarship Application Form. (Fill out the form online).
* Letter of acceptance or CUCAS application ID.
* Notarized certificate/diploma of highest education. Non English or Chinese language documentation requires a certified English or Chinese language translation.
* Notarized academic transcript of highest education. Non English or Chinese language documentation requires a certified English or Chinese language translation.
* Study plan or research proposal, written in Chinese or English.
* Letters of recommendation from two professor or assistant professors, written in Chinese or English.
* A copy of Physical Examination Record for foreigners can be downloaded from here.
* A notarization of guarantor for applicants under 18 years old.
For the CUCAS University Scholarship, you should apply from 1 November 2010 to 20 June 2011.