Deadline: January 12, 2011
The Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE NNSA SSGF) program provides outstanding benefits and opportunities to students pursuing a Ph.D. in areas of interest to stewardship science, such as high energy density physics, nuclear science, or materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics.
Award Date: 2011 – 2012, Renewable
* Collaborate with DoE laboratories and establish yourself in the nuclear scientific community.
* Research concerned with properties of materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics, nuclear science, or high energy density physics.
* Includes 12 weeks research at either Lawrence Livermore National Lab, Los Alamos National Lab, or Sandia National Lab.
* Must be a senior undergraduate or in first or second year of graduate study.
* U.S. citizen or legal resident.