This scholarship is offering up to $1,250.00.
* a full-time (12 credits) degree-seeking student pursuing a degree in advertising within the SJMC during the award period.
* an U.S. citizen/ permanent resident.
* a junior or senior with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
* a financial need as determined by the University’s Office of Financial Aid.
* submit a brief essay of five typewritten pages (double-spaced) on the subject of “Advertising and the Hispanic Market.” — demonstrating an interest in Hispanic and/or Hispanic-American culture and knowledge about advertising to Hispanic and Hispanic-American markets.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
Application package must contain the following in this order (Submit five sets—one original and four copies.):
* Scholarship application (select all the scholarships to which you are applying).
* Copy of all transcripts from institutions in which you have taken courses, including FIU (official or unofficial from school’s web page or from www.facts.org ).
* Copy of current SASS report (FIU students).
* Essay – Follow the specific requirement of each applicable scholarship.
* At least one letter of recommendation (SJMC faculty preferred).
* Any other supporting documentation-such as, resumes, relevant course work, samples of your abilities, accomplishments, etc.
* Submit five sets-one original and four copies- of the above-mentioned packet.
Submit scholarship application package to:
Office of Student Service
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Florida International University
Biscayne Bay Campus, AC2-230
3000 NE 151st Street
North Miami, FL 33181