Deadline: July 30, 2011
Doctoral Student Research Fellowships are awarded to students enrolled in Doctoral programs outside India with a significant India Studies focus, to enable them to conduct research in India towards their degree. Students must be affiliated with an Indian institution.
1. Eligible areas of study are restricted to:
* Archival Science
* Communication and Media Studies
* Computer Science and Software Engineering
* Distance Education
* Environmental Studies
* Fine Arts
* Indian History
* Indian Films
* International Relations, Development and Trade
* Interdisciplinary Studies
* Library and Information Science
* Management, Business Administration
* Medical Sciences
* Modern Languages And Literature
* Political Science
* Religious Studies
* Social Work
* Urban and Regional Studies
2. Eligibility is restricted to citizens and permanent residents of Canada who are a minimum of 18 years of age.
3. Students must be registered in a graduate program. Canadian citizens enrolled in graduate programs outside Canada are eligible for student fellowships.
4. Applicants who have accepted a grant or award from the Shastri Institute within the last 12 months are not eligible to apply.
5. Individuals who have received previous grants or awards from the Shastri Institute and have yet to submit their final reports are not eligible to apply.
Program Officer, India Studies
Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute
Room 1402, Education Tower
2500 University Dr. NW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 1N4
Phone: (403) 220-7467
Fax: (403) 289-0100