Deadline: November 15, 2011
General Scholarships and Financial Aid
The following financial aid is offered by MIP:
* General merit-based scholarships covering up to 25% of the tuition fee and in some cases up to 50%.*
* Special country-based contributions covering up to 50% of the tuition fee
* In some cases, scholarship recipients may be assigned a special project and required to work at the school for a maximum of 8 hours per week.
The following financial aid is offered by Politecnico di Milano through the two Alumni Associations:
* ASP – Alta Scuola Politecnica (up to 50%)
* UNITECH (up to 50%)
Applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
* Analysis of academic and professional record
* GMAT/GRE score
* Results of the MBA selection process
N.B. The criteria for provision of scholarships may change from year to year and is left up to the school’s discretion. In order to apply for these, students must fill all of the application form including the financial aid form.
Candidates are entitled to take advantage of only ONE type of financial aid offered by MIP and its collaborators.
Applicants to the programme also have the opportunity to participate in competitions and the winners are awarded contributions towards the programme tuition fee.
1. MIP for Women
2. Future Outlook Challenge
MIP 4 WOMEN SCHOLARSHIP
After last year’s success of the MIP4Women Scholarship, we are proud to announce the relaunch of this initiative for the 2012 intake. Our goal is to continue to encourage female participation in our International MBA and to foster a culture of women in management.
Partake in the MIP FOR WOMEN Scholarships competition and you could be awarded:
* A first place grant of 10,000 euro
* A second place grant of 7,000 euro
* A third place grant 5,000 euro
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must meet the admissions requirements and write a small passage (no more than 500 words) on the following topic:
“Why do you believe that women are poorly represented in MBA courses around the world?”
Applicants will be judged on the quality of their applicantion and profile (motivational interview, work experience, financial needs, education history) as well as the essay submitted.
FUTURE OUTLOOK CHALLENGE
Share your ideas for a Sustainable Innovation Project!
MIP introduces its new competition – 25% scholarship for Sustainable Innovation Project Submit your ideas for the sustainable innovation project. The best proposal in each category will be awarded with a 25% scholarship to the International Full-time MBA Programme (beginning in May 2012). You can choose from two different formats for the project – either MIP Club or Business Plan – and your essay should outline how the idea could be implemented in such a context. The winners of the scholarship will be given the task of coordinating either the club or business plan during the International MBA programme.
Design a project that could be undertaken as a series of club activities.
* Activity to take place between May and March of the following year
* Organise and coordinate club events, e.g presentations and fundraising activities
* Liaise with the alumni association
Design a project that responds to a real problem faced by businesses.
* Activity to take place from January to March
* Proposal to be potentially implemented into the market
* Plan will be assessed by potential investing bodies.
1. The essay should be no longer than 1000 words with an abstract of 250 to 300 words.
2. Register your interest by sending a brief description or title of your proposal plus application (if you have not already done so).
3. Final submissions to be made by 15th November 2011.
4. The winner must satisfy all admission criteria.
25% scholarship is calculated over the €26,000 tuition fee (university taxes and book expenses are not covered).
Other financial aid
The following is information regarding financial aid, scholarships and grants given by third parties. All of these are available to International full-time MBA applicants, however MIP has no role in decision-making or provision of these contributions.
Scholarships from Italian Regions and Provinces to Italian Citizens
Thanks to MIP’s MBA programme being recognized as a University Master Degree, our Italian students have access to scholarships made available by Italian Regions and Provinces.
Province of Bolzano Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano offers contributions to students interested in applying to Masters such as MIP’s MBA (MIP MBA students already benefited from this grant) http://www.provincia.bz.it/diritto-allo-studio/
Region of Sardinia Regione Sardegna offers contributions through the programme master and back (MIP MBA students already benefited from this grant) http://www.regione.sardegna.it/masterandback/
Region of Valle d’Aosta Regione Valle d’Aosta offers scholarships to students interested in applying to Masters such as MIP’s MBA:
Region of Calabria Regione Calabria offers scholarships to students interested in applying to Masters such as MIP’s MBA:
Scholarships and Loans for Colombian Nationals
Colombian students admitted to MIP’s MBA programme can now apply for a loan-scholarship from COLFUTURO, the leading Colombian agency that provides funding to top students who wish to pursue graduate studies in the best universities world-wide. In addition Colombian students will also soon profit from loans offered by ICETEX, the biggest public entity in Colombia to award loans to students studying abroad. The deadline to apply is 30th May 2012.
Scholarships are merit-based and need-based.
Tel: +39 02 2399 9194