Deadline: October 1, 2011
Requirements and Conditions:
* A 1st class Master’s Degree
* There should not be a gap of more than 6 years between the award of last degree (M.A., M.Sc., M.Phil., etc.) and applica-tion deadline (1st October)
* Candidates must have a recent dated acceptance letter con-firming academic supervision from a German Professor on the university’s letterhead with a clear reference to the candidate’s research proposal
* Candidates, who want to do a PhD under the structured doc-toral study programme, must attach an admission letter from their study programme or at least a proof that they are being considered for admission.
* A detailed research proposal including a precise work sched-ule are the most important selection criterion besides previous academic achievements
* German language skills are not mandatory****
* In general, candidates should be residing in India at the time of application. Candidates, who have been in Germany for more than one year at the time of application, are not eligible to apply.
**** Candidates in the fields of Law and Philosophy must have a good
knowledge of the German Language.
The application submission process is online. The link is available on our website.
Important: DAAD will not consider incomplete applications.
All short-listed candidates have to attend a personal interview.
Applications and relevant documents have to be submitted at the DAAD office in New Delhi
German Academic Exchange Service
Mrs. Anuroopa Dixit
2, Nyaya Marg Chanakyapuri New Delhi 110 021
Tel: 91-11-41680968; 41680969 Fax: 91-11-46068192