Deadline: August 23, 2011
UNSW invites applications for a limited number of Vice-Chancellor’s Postdoctoral Research Fellowships in 2012, to be awarded to early career researchers of exceptional calibre wishing to conduct full-time research at UNSW in any of its areas of research strengths.
* Applicants must be external to UNSW i.e., not currently hold an appointment at UNSW or UNSW affiliated organisations (NeuRA, Garvan, VCCRI, CCIA). If the applicant was awarded a PhD from UNSW they must have spent at least 2 years employed at another university or research institution and the Fellowship must not be undertaken with the applicant’s UNSW PhD supervisor as a mentor.
* Applicants must have been awarded a PhD confer dated (on testamur); no earlier than 1 January 2007 or later than 31st December 2010.
* Fellows will be appointed at Academic Salary Level A (A$71K – $76K) or Level B (A$80K- $85K) per year (plus 17% employer superannuation and leave loading) based on years of experience. A Research Support Grant of A$10,000 per annum for three years will be provided on commencement. The University’s employment conditions apply to the Fellowships, including such entitlements as relocation allowance on appointment.
* Fellowships will be offered for a period of 2 years, renewable for a third year subject to research performance in the top 25% of their level of appointment and evidence of actively seeking externally funded fellowships.
* Download and read the application pack
* Obtain the support and approval of a UNSW Mentor
* Complete the application form – Word, PDF
* Submit the completed application to your Head of School by 24 August 2011
Dr William Lao, Project Officer
Ph: +61 2 9385 9735