Deadline: September 30, 2012
The ABC Recycling Ltd. Graduate Scholarship was established in 1989 with a gift of $10,000 to the University’s capital campaign, and in support of the Ebco/Eppich Chair in Expert Systems. The gift was given in memory of Daniel Yochlowitz of ABC Recycling Ltd.
1. The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a student pursuing a graduate degree in research relevant to the area of Intelligent Systems.
2. The ABC Recycling Ltd. Graduate Scholarship is a one-term award valued at $700 and tenable in the Spring term. One scholarship will be awarded each year subject to the availability of funds in the endowment.
3. The criteria for this award are:
1. demonstrated academic excellence at the undergraduate level and, if applicable, at the graduate level
2. registration at Simon Fraser University in a graduate program in Intelligent Systems
3. promise of outstanding achievement at the graduate level with particular emphasis on intellectual ability, originality and ability in research
4. This award may be held in conjunction with other awards made by Simon Fraser University or other agencies where permitted by those agencies
5. The student must be NOMINATED for this award by the Associate Dean, Research, Faculty of Applied Sciences. The nomination should be made on the Application an Ebco/Eppich Award and must be accompanied by:
1. copies of all post-secondary transcripts
2. a brief outline of the proposed research
3. a curriculum vitae including a list of scholarly activity (i.e., presentations, abstracts, papers published, etc.)
6. The completed nomination and all supporting documents must be received by the Department of enrolment by September 30.
7. The award will be made by the Dean of Graduate Studies on behalf of the Senate Graduate Awards Adjudication Committee.
For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.