The Thomas J. Bannan Scholarship Program for Seattle University Science and Engineering students will award new scholarships to selected continuing and incoming transfer students for the 2012-2013academic year.
For juniors, this is a two-year award subject to academic performance demonstrated by maintaining a GPA of 3.0 and active participation in the Bannan Scholar Enrichment Program. This program includes service, scholarly, and social activities, as well as
opportunities to compete for one of several Bannan Scholar summer research stipends.
To be considered for this scholarship, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
1. Have Junior or Senior standing in science and engineering as recognized by Seattle University, by Fall Quarter 2012, as a continuing student or new transfer student.
2. Be a full-time major in the College of Science and Engineering for the duration of the
3. Hold a grade point average of 3.5 or higher for previous college-level work.
4. Have a record of campus involvement and community service, and a commitment to
participate in the Bannan Scholar Enrichment Program.
5. Sullivan Scholars, Naef Scholars, and Sperry Goodman Scholars are not eligible for Bannan
6. Both domestic and international students may apply.
7. Post-Baccalaureate and fifth year students are not eligible for Bannan Scholarships.
* Transfer students:
Students not already enrolled at Seattle University must apply for admission to Seattle University in a major within the College of Science and Engineering.Transfer students who start in winter or spring quarter can apply for the Bannan Scholarship as transfer students for the following fall.
* All applicants:
Complete a Bannan Scholarship application, available in the Dean’s Office, Engineering 500, or downloadable from www.seattleu.edu/scieng/bannan/
Your application must include:
1. A brief autobiographical sketch (100 words sufficient).
2. A one-page essay, describing your volunteer service activities, particularly those not
directly related to your professional development, and explaining how the Bannan Scholar Enrichment Program would enhance your ability to achieve your educational and career goals.
3. A letter of recommendation from a faculty member who has direct knowledge of the
strength of your academic work and of ways in which you might benefit from the
Send completed applications to:
College of Science and Engineering
Office of the Dean, ENGR 500
901 12th Avenue
P.O. Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122-1090