Deadline: Mach 18, 2012
Established in 2009 by Calvary John James Hospital to encourage and promote careers in nursing and to create opportunities for students who have experienced educational disadvantage.
1. This Scholarship will have a value of $2,500 per annum for the second and third year of the recipient’s studies in the Bachelor of Nursing at the Canberra campus.
2. The Scholarship will be open to any Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia enrolled as a full-time student and commencing the second year of the Bachelor of Nursing at the Canberra (Signadou) campus of the University, with priority given to students who can demonstrate educational disadvantage arising from geographic location, disability or chronic medical condition or financial, social or cultural factors.
3. Applications should include -
* evidence of the applicant’s having achieved a minimum average of Credit either in the first year of the Bachelor of Nursing at Australian Catholic University or in the Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) or other TAFE course for Enrolled Nurses;
* a written statement of approximately 200 words outlining:
- how the applicant’s opportunities to pursue his/her studies have been affected by disadvantage due to disability or chronic medical condition, geographic location or financial, social or cultural factors; and
- any community activities the applicant has undertaken which are consistent with the ethos of Australian Catholic University;
- evidence of the applicant’s commitment to the nursing profession (eg a reference from an employer);
- evidence of the applicant’s claim of educational disadvantage (eg a report from a qualified professional such as a medical practitioner or counsellor); and
- evidence of the applicant’s contribution to and/or leadership in their commitment to the ethos of Australian Catholic University through community service, or a statement outlining the impact of the educational disadvantage described under(b)(ii) on the applicant’s ability to participate in community service.
4. One Scholarship may be awarded each year on the recommendation of a Selection Committee consisting of the Campus Dean, Canberra campus, the Head, School of Nursing (NSW and ACT) and Director, Marketing and External Relations.
Remember to submit all the supporting documentation required (as listed in point 3 above) as well as your completed application form, including certified documents where necessary.
1300 ASK ACU (1300 275 228)