Deadline: April 20, 2012
There has never been a better time to pursue studies in China. China is one of the world’s greatest powers and rapid growing economies also known for its excellence in education. The OAS and the Government of China, through the Ministry of Education of China (MOE) is providing scholarships to pursue undergraduate and graduate studies in China in any field of study available to international students starting in September 2012.
It is strongly recommended that all applicants have a good command of the English language.
Chinese institutions of higher generally use Chinese as instructional language. Applicants with no command of Chinese language are required to take Chinese language courses for 1-2 years before beginning their main course of study:
1-2 years for Undergraduate programs iunstructed in Chinese. (must pass the examinations after the college preparatory courses so they start their university studies)
1 year for applicants who apply for studies in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine (western medicine), economics, management and law.
2 years for aplicants who apply for studies in literature, history, philosophy, and medicine (traditional Chinese medicine, Chinese herb medicine)
Some courses set for general scholars, senior scholars and postgraduate students can be conducted in English. Please refer to the Directory of Chinese Higher Education Institutions.
Note: Students are not permitted, in principle, to change their subjects, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201).
- Be Non-Chinese citizen
- Be citizens or permanent residents of an OAS Member State
- Be in good health to successfully undertake and finish the program of study.
- Return to their countries of origin and reside there for at least two years upon completion of the program of study in China.
Education background and age limit:
* Undergraduate: Applicants must have senior high school diploma with good academic performance and be under the age of 25.
* Graduate: Applicants must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
* Doctorate: Applicants must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
* Chinese Language Study: Applicants must have senior high school diploma and be under the age of 35.
* General scholar candidates must have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies and be under the age of 45, and may study all majors except the Chinese language.
* Senior scholar candidates must have master’s degree or above, or hold academic titles of associate professor or above, and be under the age of 50.
1. Application Form (please see the “guidelines for applicants”)
2. Highet diploma obtained (notarized photocopy).
3. School Transcripts
4. A study or research plan in Chinese or in English (no less than 200 words for undergraduates, no less than 500 words for scholars). Detailed research plan (additional paper can be attached) is required for graduate studies applicants or scholars for advanced studies.
5. Applicants for master or doctoral degree studies and senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors. Applicants who apply in China for master or doctoral degree studies must submit the Admission Notice or Invitation Letter issued by the targeted university.
6. Applicants for music programs are requested to submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work. Applicants for fine arts programs must submit one CD recording of the applicants’ own work (including two sketches, two color paintings and two other works).
7. Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the legal documents of their legal guardians in China.
8. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (issued by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those who’s period of studies in China lasts up to six months) filled in English.
For further information or assistance please contact:
Mr. Zhang Yinan: email@example.com Telephone number (202) 495 2166.
Mrs. Lu Yanliu: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: (202)495 2151