China/AUN Scholarship is a full scholarship program provided for ASEAN member countries by the Ministry of Education of P. R. China (hereinafter referred to as MOE). MOE entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as CSC) to manage the recruitment and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program.
Applicants shall apply to the ASEAN University Network Secretariat between January and the beginning of April, 2012.
CRITERIA & ELIGIBILITY
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens from ASEAN member countries and be in good health.
2. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
The applicants must fill in and provide the following documents truly, correctly and completely (in duplicate).
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (filled in Chinese or in English)
Applicants shall fill in and print the application form after submitting it online.
The CSC Online Application System for Study in China is available on http://laihua.csc.edu.cn
Those who cannot apply online shall fill in the application form printed by CSC.
2. Highest diploma (notarized photocopy): Applicants shall also provide proof of studying on application. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
3. Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
4. A study or research plan written in Chinese or English (no less than 400 words).
5. Recommendation letters: Applicants for senior scholars must submit two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors.
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (the original copy should be kept by the applicant. The form printed by Chinese quarantine authority could be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid. Please select the appropriate time to take medical examination as it is valid for only 6 months.
The above documents should be forwarded to CSC by April 30th 2012 via the ASEAN University Network Secretariat. Individual applications are not accepted by CSC. Application documents will not be returned.
SELECTION OF INSTITUTIONS AND SPECIALTIES
Applicants may choose one academic program and three institutions as their preferences from the Chinese HEIs designated by MOE. Please check the Directory of Chinese Higher Institutions Admitting International Students under Chinese Government Scholarship Program. Applicants are required to fill in their preferences of institutions and specialties strictly according to those listed in the Directory.
APPROVAL AND NOTIFICATION
1. CSC will assess all the application documents and CSC reserves the right to make necessary adjustments on the proposed institutions.
2. Applicants are required to enclose the admission notice from Chinese HEIs, if they have, in the documents submitted to CSC.
3. Students are required to sign on their Admission Notice, if they have no objection with the placement, and are not permitted, in principle, to change their specialties, institutions or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
4. CSC will send the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) to the candidates via ASEAN University Network Secretariat by July 31st, 2012.
After receiving the Admission Notice, students should apply for visa to study in China at the Chinese embassy or consulate-general in their home countries with the Admission Notice, Visa Application Form for Study in China (JW201) and Foreigner Physical Examination Form (can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn). The students are required to register in Chinese universities with the original copies of the above documents.
Ms. Raksit Waropas
ASEAN University Network Secretariat
Tel: 00662-2153640, 2153642, 2153248 ext 0
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: Rm.210, Jamjuree 1 Bld, Chulalongkorn University, Phayathai Rd., Patumwan, Thailand