Deadline: March 20, 2012
Leibniz–DAAD Research Fellowship Program is a new program implemented by the Leibniz Association (Wissenschaftsgemeinschaft Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz) and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). These fellowships are up to 12-months in length, and they offer highly-qualified recent foreign postdocs the opportunity to conduct special research at institutes of the Leibniz-Association in Germany. Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellows can do their research at one of the 87 Leibniz-Institutes (see website for complete listing).
Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellows can do their research at one of the Leibniz-Institutes which are covered in the following (five) sections:
Section C: Life Sciences/ Lebenswissenschaften
Section E: Environmental Research/Umweltwissenschaften
At the time of their application, applicants for a Leibniz-DAAD Research Fellowship should:
- be able to prove their outstanding study or research achievements,
- have completed their studies with a PhD or equivalent degree (no more than two years should have passed since graduation),
- have an excellent knowledge of English
- knowledge of German is advantageous.
- a monthly instalment of 1,840 EUR;
- a monthly subsidy of 58 EUR for the insurance for health, accident and personal/private liability in Germany (53 EUR per month has to be covered by the fellowship holder);
- a two-month German language course (if desired).
Ms. Cordula Behrsing
German Academic Exchange Service
871 United Nations Plaza
New York, NY 10017
Tel: (212) 758-3223
Fax: (212) 755-5780