Deadline: July 15, 2012
Colorado Mesa University (CMU) has been awarded a Daniels Fund Opportunity Scholarship grant. The Daniels Fund
Opportunity Scholarship is intended to assist need-based students with the achievement of academic goals.
About the Program
- Scholarship recipients must be residents of the State of Colorado.
- The scholarship is designed to assist students who are pursuing either an associate or baccalaureate degree.
- Students must have a documented financial need and must be either an adult learner (non-traditional student age 25+),
GED recipient, or a foster care youth.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 credit hours) beginning with the Fall 2012 semester.
- Scholarship recipients are required to meet with the grant program mentor on a monthly basis.
- Five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship amount is $3,000 per academic year for the 2012-13 and 2013-14 academic years. An academic year is
the fall and spring semester. Award amount is $1,500 per semester.
- The scholarship may only be used for the following expenses: tuition and fees, room and board (on campus only),
- campus provided insurance (if available), books and supplies, and transportation and commuting expenses.
- This is a need-based scholarship, so students must have a documented financial need on file with CMU’s Financial
Additional Scholarship Requirements
If awarded a scholarship, students will be required to meet/maintain the following conditions each semester in order to retain the scholarship:
- Have a degree plan on file.
- Complete a minimum of 12 credit hours of coursework with an acceptable grade of C or better each semester.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 in your major field of study.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5 overall.
- Meet monthly with your assigned scholarship grant program mentor.
- Earn grades of C or better in required English and mathematics courses during the first 20 hours of coursework.
Participate in support services of the university as needed, such as tutoring, academic advising, career counseling, etc.
- Declare a major, no later than completion of the first 30 hours of coursework, and meet with your assigned
- Participate in professional affiliated student organizations related to the chosen field of study, such as
Mathematics Club, Student Education Association, National Student Nurses Association, etc.
All documents must be received by July 15, 2012 to be considered for the Daniels Fund Opportunity Scholarship.
If you have questions about this scholarship program, please contact:
Joey Montoya Boese , Montrose Campus Director Phone: 970-249-7009 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cindy Lueb, Director of Sponsored Programs Phone: 970-248-1424 Email: email@example.com