Deadline; January 20, 2012
The Dutkiewicz Family Trust has made TWO scholarships available for students who will register for full-time study for a student pursuing a post-graduate degree in Energy Research.
Applicants must have achieved a weighted average of at least 60% in the final year of the previous qualification. Suitable candidates must have demonstrated a passion for the study of energy
There is no restriction on nationality, race or gender.
Value and Tenure:
The Value of the scholarship is R35,000 per year which must be used towards tuition, academic materials, housing and research project costs. The tenure of the award is strictly ONE YEAR. It is expected that this would be renewed based on progress and fulfilment of the conditions.
One year only for an Honour’s candidate.
One year with possibility for renewal for one further year for a Master’s candidate.
One year with possibility for renewal for 2 further years for a Doctoral candidate.
Conditions of Award
The successful candidate will be required to:
* Provide a mid-year progress report, reflecting grades achieved for mid-year examinations as well as comment by the Course Convenor/Supervisor on progress of the research project.
* Provide a full report on the year’s study including final results and a copy of the research project (if applicable)
* Provide an account of expenditure of the scholarship
* Submit a letter of acknowledgement to the Dutkiewicz Family Trust
* Present the work and interim or final findings of the research project to the Trustees of the Dutkiewicz Family Trust
* Repay all or part of the scholarship to the University of Cape Town should she/he withdraw from the course for which the scholarship has been awarded; deregister or fail to achieve the degree in the agreed time-frame.
* Undertake to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices on postgraduate funding.
Applicants are required to:
* Write a letter of application outlining the intended study and how she/he intends to use the study in her/his career in the future.
* Submit a CV of no longer than two A4 pages, including detail of previous work in energy research and demonstration of a passion for the topic.
* Attach a certified copy of all academic transcripts (University only)
* Attach a certified copy of SA identity document or Passport/Study-permit
* Attach one letter of reference from an ACADEMIC who has taught/supervised him/her during his/her previous degree(s).
* Provide a letter from the Course Convenor/head of department indicating that he/she is likely to be accepted by the relevant department for postgraduate study
Applications must be submitted to The Director, Postgraduate Centre & Funding Office, 3
rd Level Otto Beit Building Upper Campus, University of Cape Town