Deadline: September 1, 2012
The purpose of the Jacqueline Ross Test of English Language as a Foreign Languaage Dissertation Award is to recognize doctoral dissertation research that makes a significant and original contribution to knowledge about second or foreign language tests and testing and/or the use and development of such tests and testing.
- The candidate’s institution must have accepted the dissertation within three years before the date of the award application.
- The research must have been completed as part of the requirements for a doctoral degree, or its equivalent, at a university within or outside the United States.
- Although the dissertation under consideration must be in English, the research may be related to second- or foreign-language testing of any language.
- Candidates who have submitted abstracts for this award in previous years are not eligible.
- $2,500 (U.S. dollars)
- Round-trip economy airfare, expenses and hotel accommodations for three nights at the Language Testing Research Colloquium (LTRC), where the award is presented
Note: September 1 is the deadline for receipt of summary and abstract, letter from advisor and official proof of dissertation acceptance
Educational Testing Service (ETS)
TOEFL Grants and Awards Program
Princeton, NJ 08541 U.S.A.