Deadline: August 15, 2012
English Academy is pleased to announce a new scholarship programme for the Academic year 2012-2013 with additional prizes and places on our courses. We will be awarding 2 full scholarships which include one-year of English language training worth 1980 leva each plus runner up prizes of 3 month courses at English Academy in Varna. Six 50 leva Longman book vouchers will be awarded as Second runner prizes.
Children and young people aged 10 to 25 years can apply until August 15 2012 by submitting an essay on the following topic: “Why is English important to you and how do you think it will benefit you in the future”
The essay should be written by the individual without help from another person and will be judged by the Director of English Academy. There is no need to have perfect English to apply and applications from lower level students are welcomed. The overall winners will be judged on creativity and originality, not their level of English.
Candidates will be split into two age groups: 10-14 year olds and 16-25 year olds.
SCHOLARSHIP COMPETITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Each candidate can participate with only one essay;
* The essay must be in English, handwritten, and no longer than 1 side of A4 paper;
* Deadline for sending your essays: 15 August 2012;
* Please send the essays to the address of the English Academy in Varna: 48 Preslav Str. Please attach your contact details, telephone number, age and email.
* The author of the best essay in each age group will be awarded with a full year scholarship at English Academy.;
* Two prizes – free 3 months English course;
* Six 50 leva book vouchers from Longman publishers.
AIM OF THE COMPETITION:
* To provoke young peoples` creativity;
* To find out original points of view;
* To promote the role of English in the formation and development of culture and education in modern life;
* Тo find and encourage children and young people with outstanding abilities and interests in personal development.
Winners will be contacted early September and will be published on the website.