Deadline: March 9, 2012
Equity Merit Scholarships (EMS) provide financial assistance to new and continuing undergraduate and postgraduate CQUniversity students (not a higher degree research candidate), who are experiencing financial difficulty with the cost of study.
An EMS is valued at $2000 for one calendar year. The scholarship will provide a grant of $2000 paid in either Term 1, Term 2 or Term 3 depending on the term of application and pending enrolment status at HECS census date. Payment is made through electronic funds transfer (EFT) into the student’s nominated bank account.
The purpose of the grant is to cover educational costs such as prescribed textbooks, stationery and other associated costs. Applicants will be notified via post if their application has been successful or denied.
* Must be an Australian Citizen or holder of an Australian Permanent Resident or Humanitarian Visa;
* Must be an undergraduate or postgraduate (not a higher degree research) CQUniversity student;
* Must be a Commonwealth supported student at CQUniversity;
* Must be undertaking a full-time study load unless there are extenuating circumstances that prevent you from studying full-time;
* Must be in receipt of a Centrelink Benefit or can demonstrate low personal/family income;
* Must be able to demonstrate academic merit*; and
* Must NOT be receiving a Commonwealth Scholarship.
* if you are a continuing student, for the purposes of this scholarship academic merit will be determined as achieving at least a passing grade in at least 50% of courses attempted in the student’s most recent term of enrolment (unless extenuating circumstances can be documented)
then return the original application by post to:
Student Support Centre
Building 31, Bruce Highway
ROCKHAMPTON QLD 4702
Read MoreEquity Merit Scholarships