Dedline: Februari 9, 2012
1) Any currently enrolled junior or senior civil engineering student in an ABET-accredited civil engineering program who will be registered as an undergraduate in fall 2012, is a United States citizen, and has a passion for bridges may apply for this scholarship. Applicant must be a member in good standing at the time of application and award.
2) A scholarship may be awarded only to a student who will employ it to continue his/her formal undergraduate education at a recognized educational institution.
3) Selection is based on appraisal of the applicant’s award justification, stated interest in bridge design and construction, educational plan, academic performance and standing, development potential, leadership capacity, and financial need.
Applications must include:
*Completed application form.
* Personal statement (1000 to 1,500 words) addressing why the award should be given to the applicant, the applicant’s interest in bridge design or construction, and plans for continuing formal education.
* Detailed financial plan. Document the extent of financial need by indicating expenses and income from all sources. Expenses shall include, but not be limited to: tuition, fees, books, living expenses (rent/mortgage, meals, and utilities) and miscellaneous expenses (commuting costs, car payments, insurance, previous loan balances). Income shall include but not be limited to salaries and wages from employment, grants and loans, all family support, and military stipend.
* Minimum of two sealed letters of recommendation from faculty members.
* One sealed official transcript for each school attended.
* One-page résumé. Include honors, activities, organizations, ASCE activities (including any offices held), and any work experience.
* Any additional information/documentation that would support the applicant’s interest in bridges.
Submit Completed Application to:
American Society of Civil Engineers
1801 Alexander Bell Drive
Reston, Virginia 20191-4400
Attn: Student Services