Deadline: February 10, 2012
What is available
Up to five Felix Scholarships will be available to well qualified students with Indian citizenship to pursue postgraduate study at the University, starting their programme in October 2012. One further award will be made to a student from a developing country* who can demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
What the awards provide
These scholarships cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses. They also provide allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home. The awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.
Any full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught masters.
Criteria and conditions for candidates:
* Candidates must be under 30 years of age on 31 January 2012
* They must demonstrate financial need
* They must also possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution
* Candidates are expected by the Trust to return to work in their home country following their study
* Only candidates who have been accepted for admission by the University by 10 February 2012 will be considered for shortlisting.
Please note that candidates who already hold a degree from a University outside their country are not eligible to apply.
For further information and advice about making an application please contact:
Chris Robson, Head of Postgraduate Research Support and Development, Graduate School
Telephone: +44 (0)118 378 6169