Deadline: June 30, 2012
Every year at least ten scholarships for amounts of $250 to $1000 (US dollars) each, will be awarded.
The Financial Assistance Scholarship is available to all graduating high school students and current college students of Iranian descent regardless of citizenship or country of residency. All students at undergraduate, graduate or PhD levels may apply.
Students planning to attend or attending universities in Iran are encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
2. Applicant must be of Iranian descent. Please provide supportive document or narrative.
3. Applicant must be graduating from high school and planning to enroll, or be enrolled as a full time student in an accredited college anywhere.
4. Copy of document indicating acceptance to college.
5. If applying within United States, submit a copy of your SAR or a letter from the financial aid office of your college indicating eligibility for receiving and the amount of financial assistance.
6. If applying from outside of United States, submit a letter from the Dean of your College, or office of financial aid of your college, indicating eligibility for receiving financial assistance. A letter describing the details of your financial situation along with supportive documents such as student’s or parent’s pay stub, etc. may be submitted.
7. Minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.00 (out of 4.00) or equivalent is required. Please submit an official copy of your latest transcript.
8. Submit a resume or list of extra curricular activities, community leadership or volunteerism, membership in clubs or organizations and any other evidence of outstanding achievement. This requirement is waived for students applying from Iran and other countries where such opportunities are rare.
9. Submit a short narrative (less than 500 words), in Persian or English, describing your goals and what has motivated you to follow those goals and plans.
10. Please arrange and submit your documents in the order listed above.
11. All documents must be translated in English or Persian.
12. Deadline for receiving the application material is June 30th of each year. (Please allow enough time for the post office to deliver your application by the deadline of June 30th.) Recipients will be notified and awards will be posted on this site by the end of August of each year.
Please mail your complete application package to:
P.O. Box 322
Clearwater, FL 33757 – USA
Contact phone number in USA: 503-349-4939