Deadline: November 15, 2011
The United States-India Educational Foundation (USIEF) and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) announce the Fulbright-Nehru-CII Fellowships for Leadership in Management for the academic year 2012-2013. Indian business managers, whose employers would be willing to bear 50% (USD 18,400) of the total cost (USD 36,800), may compete to attend a specially designed 10-week management program at the Carnegie Mellon University’s Tepper School of Business, located in Pittsburgh,
Pennsylvania, USA, from May 23-July 31, 2012. The Tepper School of Business is one of the world’s premier centers for teaching and research in business management. The Tepper School of Business faculty members have won wide acclaim, including six Nobel Prizes in economics.
The applicant should:
* Be a responsible Indian citizen who can contribute to a full and fair picture of the culture and civilization of India, and thereby help to promote understanding and friendship between the peoples of the United States of America and India;
* Have a graduate degree;
* Have at least five years of managerial experience in an industry;
* Preferably be 45 years of age or under;
* Be in good health;
* be present in India at the time of submitting the application and interview. If you will be abroad, please keep us informed;
* Not residing in the United States;
* Not be applying for or holding permanent residence (green card) in the United States;
* not have been in the U.S. during the past three years on a teaching, research, study or professional assignment for a continuous period of three months or more, at the time of submitting the application. In addition, you should not be in the U.S. for a period of three months or more on a teaching, research or professional assignment during the application cycle (November 2011 to May 2012); and
* Give an undertaking to return to India on the completion of the fellowship;
* Produce an undertaking from the employer that it would be willing to bear 50% of the total cost.
(Applications without this undertaking will not be considered).
How to apply:
Click the links below to download Application Material: