Deadline: November 15, 2012
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be an Australian citizen
- be enrolled full time at RMIT in a diploma or degree program
- achieve good academic results
- show initiative in your academic or personal life
- show leadership potential
- demonstrate educational and/or financial disadvantage.
If you are a diploma student your program must be two or more years.
If you are a degree student you must have:
- completed one year of your degree
- at least two years of your degree to complete
- not previously completed a degree.
George Alexander (1910 – 2008) was an engineer who studied Industrial Management and Executive Training at RMIT. George was particularly aware of the obstacles he had faced as a child and his own lack of education, so he was inspired to help young people from disadvantaged backgrounds get a start in life. In order to achieve this, he created the George Alexander Foundation to use his wealth in a constructive way.