Deadline: March 2, 2012
The University of Western Australia will offer fifty-percent (50%) tutition fee scholarships to Indian higher degree by research students for commencement in second semester 2012.
These scholarships cover fifty-percent (50%) of International Research Fees for up to four (4) years, as well as Overeas Student Health Cover. Successful applicants will also be awarded a full living allowance scholarships.
Successful applicants will also be awarded a full living allowance.
The current international student tuition fee scale can be found at http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/postgrad/international/fees.
Applications will be assessed after the closing date.
* must be eligible to enrol or be enrolled as a full-time student in a higher degree by research at the University upon commencement of their scholarship;
* may have commenced a higher degree by research but was unable to apply for an award in the last selection round due to the timing of their enrolment;
* must be able to commit to funding personally or have a commitment from a recognised sponsor fifty percent (50%) of the full tuition fees for up to 4 years
must have completed at least four years of tertiary education studies at a high level of achievement demonstrated by the award of a degree of First Class Honours standard or equivalent;
* must meet the University’s English language requirements for scholarship holders http://www.studyat.uwa.edu.au/postgrad/doctorates/admission/english ;
* must not have completed a degree either at the same level as, or at a higher level than, the degree for which candidature is sought;
* must commit to paying 50 per cent of the full tuition fees for the duration of their higher degree enrolment, for up to two years for a master’s and for up to four years for a PhD course;
* must be a citzen of India
* Required Proof of Financial Support:All successful India Scholarship applicants will be issued with a conditional scholarship offer and will be required to confirm proof of financial support within two months of the offer letter. Official Confirmation of Enrolment forms will not be issued without confirmation of the funding arrangements for payment of 50% of the Tuition Fees for the course duration.
*private students supported by themselves or their family must submit a signed statement by parent/provider or bank institution to confirm that they have funds to pay 50% of the Fees for up to 2 years for a Masters by Research degree and up to 4 years for a PhD. Bank statements must be provided that show savings to cover the full 50% tuition fee contribution for the duration of the course, ie the full 50% commitment for 2 years of fees for a Masters by Research degree and for 4 years of fees for a PhD.
* applicants who are supported by their home government/university must submit written proof on official Government or University letterhead confirming the amount and duration of funding.
* applicants who are sponsored by their employer must submit a letter from the employer confirming the amount and duration of funding.