Deadline: December 1, 2012
1. There shall be Fellowships to be called the Joan Berry Fellowships in Veterinary Science.
2. The Fellowships shall be open to veterinary science students with a particular interest in promoting animal health and welfare.
3. The Fellowships shall be used:
(a) to pursue a course of study for the Bachelor of Philosophy degree
(b) to assist in the payment of education toward the Bachelor of Veterinary Science degree
(c) to pursue a course of study towards a postgraduate degree or diploma directed towards research into animal health and welfare.
4. The Fellowships shall be awarded annually and shall have a value $1,000 per annum for an undergraduate and $8,500 per annum for a graduate. A lesser or greater amount may apply depending upon the available income. A proportion of any Fellowship may be used to support the research of the recipient, this being nominated at the time of the award.
5. The Fellowship(s) may be held in conjunction with other awards.
6. Money unallocated in any one year may be retained for allocation in subsequent years or added to capital of the Trust supporting the Fellowships.
7. The Fellowships shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Executive of the Institute of Veterinary, Animal and Biomedical Sciences. Need as well as academic merit may be taken into account.
8. Closing date for applications shall be 1 December of the year preceding that in which the award is made. However, in special circumstances and when finance permits consideration may be given to applications received other than by the normal closing date.
9. Application forms are available from the Research and Postgraduate Studies Office, IVABS, and should be submitted to the Graduate Research School by 1 December for the year preceding that in which the award is made.
All applications are acknowledged by email.