Deadline: July 27, 2012
The College of Engineering has a limited number of scholarships available for MRes and MSc by Research applicants interested in a September 2012 start date. These are part of the Knowledge Economy Skills Scholarship (KESS) programme which aims at widening access to postgraduate study and encourage high calibre graduates to work on a range of collaborative research projects with small and medium sized businesses (SMEs) located in the Convergence Region of Wales. All students successful in gaining a place on this scheme will complete a project in conjunction with an allocated company.
- Scholarships are available only to new MRes and MSc by Research applicants who are UK/EU categorized students
- Applicants must be resident in the Convergence Area of Wales on enrolment and be permitted to work in the Convergence Area upon completion of the scholarship
- Applicants will need to hold or be expecting to achieve a minimum of a 2.1 UK honors degree (or equivalent)
- Applicants should have already applied formally to the university for a place on the MRes course and hold a 6-digit student application number
How to apply?
To apply for a KESS bursary, you must complete the following two stages:
1. Apply for a MRes or MSc by Research course through the University Admissions Office in order to receive your 6-digit application number
2. Complete the following two forms and return them to the College of Engineering:
Engineering KESS Bursaries: Application Form (Word doc)
Engineering KESS Bursaries: Equal Opportunities Form (Word doc)
Post both your completed and signed Application and Equal Opportunities Forms to:
The KESS Team, College of Engineering
Please Note: The closing date is 27th July, however exceptional applicants who are already holding a degree are encouraged to apply at any time throughout the year and are eligible to receive an immediate offer.
For more information contact Louise Griffiths:
Tel: 01792 602982