Deadline: May 1, 2012
In accordance with bilateral agreements on co-operation in education and science, the State Education Development Agency (Valsts izglītības attīstības aģentūra – VIAA) offers fellowships to students, researchers and teaching staff of several countries for research in Latvian higher education institutions (HEIs) in the 2012/2013 academic year.
Only citizens from countries which have signed an agreement on co-operation in education and science can apply for the Latvian government fellowships. These countries are: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium (Flanders Community and French Community of Belgium), Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, Israel, Italy, Republic of Korea, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.
Citizens from countries that offer scholarships for Latvian students, researchers and teaching staff without formal agreements on co-operation in education and science are welcome to apply for the Latvian fellowship as well. These countries are: Denmark, Iceland, Japan, Norway, Slovakia, Sweden and Switzerland.
The following documents are necessary to apply for the Latvian fellowship:
1) Application form
2) Curriculum Vitae and list of scientific publications;
3) Research plan for research work in Latvia (approx. 3 pages) and motivation letter;
4) Certified photocopies of Master diploma (including transcript) and of PhD diploma;
5) Invitation letter from the proposed Latvian HEI (please contact the International Relations Department/Unit or Foreign Students Department/Unit of the Latvian HEI directly); List of contact persons in the Latvian HEIs.
6) One recommendation letter (written within the past three months) from the home HEI or employer;
7) Copy of passport or identity card.
All documents that are not in Latvian, must be translated into English. All translations must be officially certified.
Curriculum vitae, Motivation letter and Research plan must be dated and signed.
Application form and all the enclosed documents must be completed in two sets. Incomplete applications or applications handed in after the deadline will not be taken into consideration. Handwritten documents and documents sent by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
State Education Development Agency
Vaļņu iela 1, Rīga LV-1050
* Ms Aija Jakoviča, Senior Specialist of the International Cooperation Programme Unit, telephone: + 371 67814331, e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
* Ms Larisa Vaļte, Head of the International Cooperation Programme Unit, telephone: +371 67785469, e-mail: email@example.com