Deadline: September 30, 2012
Eligibility for scholarship applicants include the following:
- Applicant must be a resident of Lycoming County in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Applicant must be enrolled full time in an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school within the United States.
Applicant must submit the following:
1. A completed application form.
2. Two reference letters, from persons other than family members, documenting the applicant’s integrity, interpersonal skills, and potential as a future physician.
3. A letter, on school letterhead, from the applicant’s medical school verifying that he/she is enrolled full time as a medical student at their institution.
4. A typed one-page essay specifically describing why the applicant chose to become a physician and what contributions he/she expects to make to the health profession.
A PERSONAL INTERVIEW IS NOT REQUIRED; HOWEVER, IT MAY BE REQUESTED.
Application materials must be postmarked by September 30 of the current year. Applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision in December of the current year.
Application materials should be mailed to:
c/o The Foundation
777 East Park Drive, P.O. Box 8820
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8820
TEL: (717) 558-7854 – FAX: (717) 558-7818