Deadline: May 4, 2012
To provide funding for postgraduate research students (PhD or Masters by Research) to undertake a course of study lasting between two months and one year at a centre of advanced study preferably, although not necessarily, outwith Scotland
To provide funding which will enrich and further the award-holder’s academic experience and research achievements
To provide funding to students fully registered and fully participating in the community of the University of Glasgow or University of Strathclyde.
Open to all Home/EU/Overseas postgraduate research students (PhD or Masters by Research) currently registered at the Universities of Glasgow and/or Strathclyde;
The prestigious Mac Robertson Scholarship is hotly contested and a high number of applications are received each year. The following will be taken into account when assessing applications:
- The scholar must comply with all eligibility criteria.
- The research to be undertaken should be additional to and not essential to the completion of the applicant’s research degree.
- Evidence of a collaboration between Strathclyde and Glasgow in the research being carried out would be advantageous.
- Evidence of an innovative proposal and/or initiative taken by the student to build relationships with international experts or forge links with world class facilities.
- Evidence that the proposed project/travel would benefit the applicant’s School/Research Institute.Clear evidence of communication with the host institution (e.g. welcome letter/letter of endorsement)
How to Apply