Deadline: December 16, 2011
Welcome to the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence Award application form. You’re just a few short steps away from realising your ambitions at a university of your choice. Please note that this application is only available online. We will not accept any hard copies or physical applications.
Read through the instructions below and click on the ‘BEGIN ONLINE APPLICATION’ button to get started.
Before filling in the online application form, please note that MAXIS DOES NOT ACCEPT HARD COPIES OF ANY DOCUMENTS. Applicants must prepare soft copies of the following documents, which should be attached with the form and sent to the scholarship committee.
* Proof of age (Certified Birth Certificate / Certified I.C.),
* Relevant academic transcripts including your SPM and foundation course results (STPM Results / A-Level Results / Matriculation Results / Diploma Results / Foundation Study Results),
* Letter of admission from the university,
* Two letters of recommendation from people who are qualified to provide insight into the applicant’s potential for success and leadership,
* Resume/Curriculum Vitae
* Any other documents that applicants wish to submit to strengthen their application including copies of articles written, reports of volunteer work, extra-curricular certificates etc.
All attached documents can be in any of these formats: DOC, PDF, GIF and JPG. Each document must not exceed the maximum file size of 500 KB (for JPG and GIF images) and 1MB (for DOC and PDF files). A maximum of 6 files can be attached. In the event that more than 6 files need to be uploaded, please combine the files and upload them under the category “Others” and ensure that the file names are reflective of their content.
1. Applicants or their parents must be a Maxis postpaid customer with a minimum of one year tenure with Maxis postpaid services, having a good payment record with Maxis.
2. Applicants must be Malaysian citizens aged below 23 years old.
3. Applicants must not be bonded to any body and must have secured an unconditional offer from a local or foreign university prior to applying for the Maxis Scholarship for Excellence
4. Applicants currently in their 1st or 2nd year of undergraduate studies may also apply for this scholarship.
5. Applicants must achieve the following academic results :
* SPM or equivalent: minimum 6As
* Either one of the following foundation courses:
– STPM: minimum 3 As, or
– Matriculation/Diploma: CGPA 3.5 or above, or
– A Level: minimum 3 As, or
– Australian TER: minimum 90.0, or
– Recognised Foundation/Pre-University courses: Equivalent to CGPA 3.5 or above, or
– International Baccalaureate: minimum 36.0
* Current first or second year students: must have CGPA of 3.5 or above.
6. Applicants are also required to:
* Possess a good command of the English language, both written and oral;
* Be a team player;
* Excel in extra-curricular activities and sports; and
* Possess leadership qualities.
7. The local or overseas universities must be recognized by the Malaysian Ministry of Higher Education. For local universities, there is no restriction to field of studies; for overseas universities, required field of studies are those related to the telecommunications industry.
Hotline : 1 300 82 1717 (on weekdays between 9.30AM to 5.30PM)
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org