Deadline: March 1, 2012
The Founders’ Scholarship is a scholarship program for McNally Smith College’s highest financial need applicants.
The scholarship will have the following parameters:
* Full-time students only.
* 0 EFC students only (Estimated Family Contribution from the FAFSA application).
* $2000 per semester scholarship for out-of-state students, $1000 per semester for Minnesota residents (who qualify for Minnesota State Grant funding).
* Students with a prior Bachelor Degree are ineligible.
* Student must have remaining financial need to cover anticipated tuition and fees after any federal, state, school, or private grant and scholarship funding.
* Must maintain good academic standing each semester to continue to receive the scholarship.
Scholarships for undergraduates are offered in the following disciplines:
* Music Studies (keyboards, percussion, guitar, bass, voice, trumpet, trombone, flute, clarinet, saxophone, violin, viola, cello, upright bass)
* Music Business
* Music Production (music production, recording engineer, live sound, hip hop)
* Contemporary Writing (songwriting and instrumental composition)
* All incoming students are automatically considered for a scholarship based upon admission requirements and audition/work sample evaluations (no scholarship application is required). However, students must submit a 2012–2013 FAFSA application by March 1, 2012 to determine financial need.
* All returning students are automatically considered for a scholarship based upon their cumulative GPA. (No application is required.)
* Premier Scholarships (Diana Ross Scholarsip, Ice Cube Scholarship, Conclave Music Business Scholarship, Hip-Hop Scholarship and Music Composition Scholarship) are open to all incoming and returning students. To be considered for Premier Scholarships, students MUST complete the online Premier Scholarship application.
* All applicants must meet the requirements of being successfully admitted to the college, including passing auditions and submitting demos, as required by the admission office for that field of study. Applicants must have completed the necessary admissions requirements to be provisionally accepted into a program of study at McNally Smith College of Music.
* Scholarships are only awarded to distinguished applicants, therefore not all scholarships are awarded each academic year.
Specific Music Studies, Music Business, Music Production, and Contemporary Writing Scholarship Criteria:
* Results set forth on the audition evaluation (performance or recording technology).
* Academic promise as reflected in grade transcripts, SAT scores and/or ACT scores.
* Answers to essay questions and responses to other application questions.
* Verifiable financial need (FAFSA).
* Letters of recommendation.
* Applicant’s record of extracurricular activities.
* For Premier Scholarships, applicants must complete the online Premier Scholarship application.
Scholarship Application Information:
These prestigious awards are granted to the applicants who:
* Exhibit exceptional abilities.
* Best demonstrate their ambition to pursue a career in music.
* Have maintained a good academic record.
* Demonstrate financial need.
Eligibility: Any student who will be attending the 2012-2013 school year at McNally Smith College of Music.