Deadline: May 31, 2012
The Pacific Islands Polynesian Education Foundation (PIPEF) and Norman Kirk Memorial Trust (NKMT) provide financial assistance to Pacific Island students who are enrolled at a tertiary institution in New Zealand. The grants covered by this application are for the 2011 year of study only.
PIPEF is governed by an Act of Parliament and was established in 1972. A board of trustees, appointed by the Governor General, is responsible for managing the scholarships.
PIPEF and NMKT scholarships are for students of Niue, Samoa, Cook Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Fiji and other Pacific Islands descent who hold New Zealand citizenship or permanent residence in New Zealand. Students holding a temporary student permit are NOT eligible for assistance from PIPEF or NMKT.
PIPEF Scholarship Applicants – selection criteria
1. Applicants MUST be of Pacific Island descent. Proof of your ethnicity is required for your application to be considered. Students born in New Zealand can provide copies of parents and grandparents birth place and heritage.
2. Proof/evidence of permanent residence or New Zealand citizenship must be provided by all applicants NOT born in New Zealand. (Applicants born in the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau – DO NOT need to provide proof of residence).
3. Hardship need is to be clearly identified with full and complete supporting
4. Application form is to be filled in clearly, completely and correctly. Incomplete forms will not be considered by the Foundation’s Board.
5. Application must be complete and received by due date – 31st May 2012.
Scholarship applicants MUST have provided all the required documentation by the cut-off date of 31 st May 2012 determined by the Board in 2012.
Documentation received after the cut off date will not be accepted. Applications with documentation still outstanding after the cut off date will NOT be considered. (The only exception will be for applicants who are studying in semester two whose enrolment is delayed because of enrolment processes at the institution where studying.)
Contact: Email firstname.lastname@example.org