Deadline: July 31, 2012
* Candidates must be eligible to pay overseas tuition fees (non EU).
* Candidates must demonstrate outstanding academic achievement in their studies.
* Candidates must confirm their acceptance of the scholarship and their intention to enrol at Queen’s University Belfast in September 2012, by accepting their unconditional offer of a place online, and paying a £1,000 deposit within one month of receipt of their offer letter, and no later than 31 July 2012, so that a Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to support a visa applications may be issued.
* Candidates can be studying on postgraduate taught or postgraduate research courses.
* There is no need to make a separate scholarship application. All eligible candidates will be considered on the basis of their course application form.
* Early application will increase the chances of candidates being awarded a scholarship.
* Candidates must not be in receipt of any other Queen’s University Belfast scholarship or tuition fee reduction.
* Awards of the Queen’s University Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarships will be confirmed at the same time an unconditional offer is made on an application.
* Scholarship awards will be deducted from the tuition fees payable to Queen’s upon enrolment in September 2012, and will be payable in pound sterling.
* Students must be able to finance the remainder of their tuition fees and living expenses.
* Scholarships cannot be deferred. Postgraduate taught courses listed below in engineering, science and technology at Queen’s in September 2012 are eligible awards.
* Postgraduate research courses in relevant subject areas will receive the award.