Deadline: October 30, 2011
CICS strives to promote research linked training to bright and young researchers and students from developing countries (other than India) to choose scientific research for their career. CICS(formerly CCSTDS) has launched a RTF programme in collaboration with Department of Science & Technology, Government of India. This progamme is intended for developing country scientists (other than Indians) who have aptitude for research and would be willing to work in an Indian research laboratory and who wish to equip themselves with research and complementary skills to improve their pursuit of Ph.D study or diversify their research capabilities.
This is facilitated through training for a period of 3 – 12 Months at Indian research/ academic institutions.
The main objectives of the fellowship are to:
* Promote mobility of researchers between India and other developing countries
* Enhance India’s attractiveness as a hub for international training
* Develop research competencies of the developing country scientists through structured training modules
* Utilize the fellowship to seed long-term research collaboration
Who can apply
* Candidates possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines from a developing country(other than India) and of age up to 40 years
* Candidates with aptitude for research and interested in acquiring expertise in research related tools at Indian location.
* Candidates preferably attached to a national research /academic institution in their home country
* Candidates possessing valid passport.
Mode of soliciting application
Applications can be downloaded from CICS website ‘www.cics.tn.nic.in’. The
filled in application forms should be forwarded to the Honorary Director,
Centre for International Co-operation in Science(CICS), No: 2, Gandhi
Mandapam Road, Chennai 600 025, India (Fax: +91 44 24914543; email: