Deadline: September 30, 2012
The International Development Office is pleased to offer a scholarship for new Taiwanese studentsstarting a new PhD programme at NTU during the 2012/13 academic year. See further details about the scholarship on our website at
The Taiwan PhD Scholarship is worth £4,000 for each year for three years ofstudy. Priority will be given to applicants who are NTU Alumni orstudents/staff from one of NTU’s officially recognised partner universitiesin Taiwan. Note that you must have received an offer of a place at NTU before you apply for the scholarship
Terms and Condition:
1. To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, you must have an offer of a place to study a PhD programme at NTU by 30 September 2012 (please do not submit yourscholarship application before or with your application to study at NTU).
2. You must be a Taiwanese national and classed as overseasfor tuition fee purposes.
3. You must be a new studentstarting on a new PhD programme. Regrettably, we cannot consider applicationsfrom students who are currently studying at NTU, unless progressing onto a new programme.
4. You mustsend a fully completed scholarship application form, answers and
academic documents by the application deadline date. Applicationsreceived
after the deadline will not be considered.
5. Unfortunately sponsored students are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
6. Unfortunately students who have deferred their offer from the previous academic year are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
7. This application form isfor the Taiwan PhD Scholarship only. Please do not use thisform to apply for undergraduate,postgraduate taught or other research funding.
8. Priority will be given to applicants who are NTU Alumni orstudents/staff from one of NTU’s officially recognised partner universitiesin Taiwan:
Feng Chia University
Fu Jen Catholic University
National Chung Hsing University
National Ping Tung University of Technology
9. The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee reduction. The
scholarship amount will be deducted from your total tuition fee only when you
accept both your offer of a place at the University and the scholarship offer.
10. The scholarship will be deducted from your tuition fee for three years ofstudy only.
11. Scholarships are competitive, and selection is based on academic attainment and the quality of the answers you provide. It istherefore of great importance that you submit your academic documentsto us, and that you give your answers careful thought and preparation.
12. You can apply for as many scholarships as you want, however you may only be awarded one scholarship.
13. If yourscholarship application issuccessful, you may be asked to appear in NTU marketing materials which may involve providing a student profile and a photograph.
14. The University reservesthe right to revoke the scholarship if you leave the University before completing the programme.
15. The University’s decision in all mattersrelating to the scholarships is final.
International Development Office
Nottingham Trent University
Tel: +44 (0)115 848 8175
Fax: +44 (0)115 848 8221