Deadline: June 29, 2012
- To teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level in line with the School’s teaching programme and to participate in the School’s overall contribution to the University.
- To deliver a range of teaching and assessment activities within the department to undergraduates and post graduates, predominantly through allocated lectures and seminars, so that the School’s teaching objectives are met.
- To contribute to the planning, design and development of course objectives and material.
- To set, mark and assess work and examinations and provide feedback to students.
- To design own teaching work including guidance notes and handouts in accordance with the objectives of the teaching programme.
- To supervise dissertations
- To contribute to the accreditation of courses and quality control processes.
- To identify the need for developing the content or structure of modules with colleagues and make recommendations on how this should be achieved.
To provide pastoral care for students within own area to ensure that issues are dealt with in a timely and effective manner.
- To help develop new teaching approaches and contribute to curriculum development.
Person SpecificationHigh level analytical capability
* Ability to communicate complex information clearly
* Ability to design and deliver module materials successfully
Required qualification(s)/accreditation(s)A first degree in relevant subject area
* Masters qualification in a relevant subject
* Ph.D completed or nearing completion desirable
A full job description is available in PDF formathttp://www.download.bham.ac.uk/vacancies/jd/44676.pdf