Deadline: February 27, 2012
The Board of the International School of Western Australia (ISWA) invites applications from students interested in applying for academic scholarships for entry into Year 11 2012/2013.
Successful applicants will be provided with up to two years of subsidised tuition. The value of the subsidy will range from 25-100% as determined by the Principal.
- Applicants must intend to study either the International Baccalaureate Diploma or Advanced Placement programs and cannot be currently enrolled at ISWA.
- Both Australian and International students are eligible to apply. International students must reside with a parent/guardian in Perth for the duration of the scholarship.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate high level achievement in their previous academic programs as well as active engagement with a range of co-curricular and/or community activities.
Selection for the scholarship will be based on:
- academic achievement
- co-curricular and/or community engagement
- the potential of the applicant to inspire and support other students at ISWA
Students who are awarded an ISWA Scholarship do so on the understanding that they will maintain a consistently high academic standard and attendance record. Students whose academic commitment, behaviour or attendance is judged to be unacceptable may forfeit their scholarship.
- ISWA operates on a northern hemisphere academic calendar which begins late July/early August each year. This scholarship is for students entering either the International Baccalureate Diploma or Advanced Placement programs as a Year 11 student in July 2012.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- A covering letter requesting consideration for an ISWA academic scholarship
School reports for the previous two academic years
- NAPLAN results from the most recent NAPLAN tests (comparable information for international students is required, ie: literacy and numeracy standardised testing results)
- A brief account of the applicant’s academic, sporting and co-curricular achievements over the past 12 months (no more than two A4 sheets)
- A completed application form
Written applications must be received no later than Monday 27 February 2012 and addressed to:
Ms Melissa Powell
International School of Western Australia
PO Box 366
FLOREAT WA 6014
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org