Deadline: February 27, 2012
Professor Emeritus Colin Ramm was a former dean of the Faculty of Science from 1972–1983. With his family, Professor Ramm made a donation in 1998 to establish the Muriel Ramm Science Bursary, in memory of his late wife. He and his family have since made further donations to build the fund for this bursary and also for a prize in experimental physics.
Applications are now open for the 2012 bursary, valued at approximately $6,750. Tenure is for one year.
Selection Criteria and Process
Faculty of Science students entering the honours year of a Bachelor of Science, a Postgraduate Diploma in Science, or the first year of a Master of Science are eligible to apply, provided they are from one of the following departments:
* Botany, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Mathematics & Statistics,
* Zoology, Genetics, Optometry & Vision Sciences, Physics
* Recipients of scholarships that include an allowance or other payment over and above the value of a fee-based place from the University are ineligible.
* The Muriel Ramm Science Bursary committee will consider applications based on academic results and demonstrable financial need.
• Completed application form, including your anticipated budget for 2012
• Curriculum vitae
• Enrolment record (Enrolment records can be obtained free of charge from student administration or your faculty. A photocopy is acceptable.)
• Please do not use staples
• Applications are to be submitted on A4 paper, single sided
• Please do not include original documents
An application form can be downloaded from the Faculty of Science scholarships website at: http://www.science.unimelb.edu.au/scholarships and by searching under “Muriel Ramm”.
Applications by 5.00pm 27 February 2012 to
Faculty of Science
Old Geology Building
University of Melbourne VIC 3010
T: +61 3 8344 5949