Deadline: September 30, 2011
The South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage hereby invites applications for bursaries from interested post-graduate researchers – starting year 2012.
The bursaries will cover study costs for Masters and Doctoral research-based studies in the area of Carbon Capture and Storage with emphasis on the following research areas:
• Carbon dioxide capture technologies
• Carbon dioxide transport technologies
• Carbon dioxide injection and geological storage technologies
• Carbon dioxide geological storage site characterisation and modelling
• Regulatory aspects of carbon capture and storage
• Economic aspects of carbon capture and storage.
Applications for postgraduate coursework-based studies will also be considered but preference will be given to research-based studies.
The selection will be done by the South African Centre for Carbon Capture and Storage.
The Centre aims to transform the energy R&D human capital available to the country, not only by growing it, but by ensuring that women and previously disadvantaged individuals receive sufficient support. An amount of R100,000 per year is available for Masters students over a period of two years and an amount of R120,000 per year is available for PhD students over a period of three years respectively for full time studies.
Application form is attached. Applications to be sent by post or email.
Post: P O Box 786141, Sandton, 2146