Deadline: January 20, 2012
Prize studentships will be awarded competitively and up to fifteen awards will be available this year for outstanding candidates. The studentships provide support for tuition fees, a stipend and a travel grant for a three-and-a-half-year period. SUPA is the funding body for the prize studentships.
Applicants are advised that they must also apply to their chosen university to undertake a PhD and are obliged to meet the minimum requirements of that institution. There may be a requirement, associated with these positions, to teach or undertake lab supervision. This will be negotiated between the student and the host university. Applications must be made online using the web form at: http://www.supa.ac.uk/studentship/. At the end of the process, you will be given an application code. Please make a careful note of this code.
On completion of the on-line form, you will be invited to upload a scanned transcript of your first degree (after high school) in pdf format. Transcripts are optional and not a requirement.
Please prepare the following before starting the application form:
1. Your contact details, including a valid email address that you will check daily during the prize process period.
2. The contact details of two referees who have agreed to provide references for you.
3. The e-mail address of your prospective supervisor.
4. Details of your higher education (after high school) academic record and any English language qualifications (including scores and grades) ifapplicable.
5. Details of your academic achievements, prizes, awards and publications.
6. A prepared statement of your interest in a chosen SUPA Theme or area of research (approx. 250 words).
7. A prepared statement of what makes you a suitable candidate for a SUPA prize studentship (approx. 100 words).
8. A scanned final or interim (if you have not yet graduated) transcript of your first degree (after high school) in pdf format.
You are responsible for completing the form accurately by 23.59 GMT on Friday 20th January 2012 and for ensuring that your two named referees upload the references before the deadline of 23.59 GMT on Monday 30th
January 2012. It is very important that both you and your referees quote your unique application reference code and your name on all correspondence and submissions. The email address for enquiries about references is email@example.com.