Deadline: July 30, 2012
Students who are offered Awards will be required to sign a Scholarship Agreement indicating their acceptance of the offer and the terms and conditions. Awardees wishing to defer commencement of their course for twelve months are required to seek the approval of the MSRF board.
The continuation of each Scholarship will be subject to the awardee:
- not accepting any other scholarships in excess of $5,000 per annum without approval of the MSRF board
- progressing satisfactorily through their chosen undergraduate course
- remaining a full-time enrolled student at the University at which the scholarship was granted, unless there are exceptional circumstances which prevent the student from studying full-time, or there is a need to relocate to another Victorian university
- promptly advising MSRF that the initial understanding that the awardee would intend to return to regional or rural Victoria upon completion of a university course has changed, due to altered circumstances
Student Scholarship Qualifications
Applications will be considered from students who meet all of the following requirements:
- are Australian citizens or have Australian residency status
- are registered VCE or International Baccalaureate (IB) students attending a secondary school situated in Victoria
if invited, propose to accept a full-time undergraduate place at a Victorian university
- have submitted online scholarship applications before the closing date
- have had their applications endorsed by their school principals via our online application system before the closing date. (Note that a maximum of 2 applicants from any given school will be considered.)
- will be under the age of 21 as of January 1 in the year they commence their degrees
- have been resident in regional or rural Victoria for at least three years
- live at a home address defined as: Inner Regional Australia (RA2), Outer Regional Australia (RA3), Remote Australia (RA4), Very Remote Australia (RA5), as classified by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification for Remoteness Areas. To determine the Remoteness Area of your home address, please enter it in the DoctorConnect website at http://www.doctorconnect.gov.au/internet/otd/Publishing.nsf/Content/locator
Selection of scholarship recipients will be managed by the MSRF Scholarship Selection Panel and approved by the MSRF Board.
Applications will be individually assessed, and may be shortlisted for interview. Interviews form part of the application process. All applications and interviews will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The MSRF Scholarship Selection Panel and MSRF Board will consider the following in selecting scholarship recipients:
– demonstrated leadership in their local community, for example, participation in community organisations, events, sporting clubs etc, volunteering and /or mentoring experience, sharing family roles and responsibilities, extra-curricular roles at school
- managing and/or overcoming personal difficulties ie financial disadvantage, cultural issues, non-English speaking background, remoteness, disability, loss of one or more parent, etc
- demonstrated interest and passion for living in rural/regional Victoria and an intent to return to rural/regional Victoria
- the level of likely impact on their life and rural/ regional Victoria if awarded a scholarship
- references confirming examples of demonstrated leadership and how they may have handled any personal difficulties. Applicants will be notified by email of the outcome of their applications.
How to apply:
- Please carefully read the terms and conditions of the Foundation Scholarship before submitting your application.
- Ensure that your school principal is willing to endorse your application. Only 2 applications per school will be considered.
- Apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button below.
- After you submit your application you will see a confirmation page with your unique application code and instructions for your school principal and other referees. Forward that information to your school principal and other referees. Applications MUST receive endorsement from school principals before the closing date to be considered for a scholarship. Other references are optional but strongly recommended.