Deadline: 15 November 2010
The Postdoc/Researcher will contribute to ongoing and future research projects in the areas of analysis and modeling of the large scale integration of wind power, which contain the following key issues.
* Modeling and control of wind turbines and wind farms
* Modeling and control of power systems
* Development of control strategies for wind power plants
* Development of wind power plants capabilities of providing system services
This research area has high importance for the successful development of wind power worldwide. WES is leading some and part of several projects dealing with the challenges of operation and control of power systems with significant amounts of wind power. These research projects are typically run in partnership or close cooperation with users, which are typically Transmission System Operators, wind power plant developers and owners, wind energy industry, other research institutes and universities.You will be part of an international team, where the working language is English.
The candidate must have a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering and relevant qualifications within more of the following areas:
* Wind turbine and wind farm technology and control
* Modeling, analysis and control of power systems
* Use of power system simulation tools, e.g. PowerFactory from DiGSILENT
* Proven programming skills for analytical and modelling purposes, e.g. Matlab
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to
* scientific production and research potential at international level
* Innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
* the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
* an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
* the ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, public-sector consultancy and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
You are welcome to contact Head of Program Jens Carsten Hansen, +45 4677 5074 or Prof. Poul Sørensen, +45 2136 2766.
Visit the official website here.
We must have your online application by 15 November 2010. Please open the “apply online” and fill in the application form and attach your application, CV and a list of publications. Please also indicate in the note field whether you apply for a post doc position or a researcher position.
Material received after this time will not be considered.