Application deadlines are November 1, 2010 and May 1, 2011.
Undergraduates with at least junior standing pursuing a German Studies track or minor may be nominated for the grant by their department and/or program chair. Applicants are expected to have completed two years of college German and a minimum of three courses in German Studies (literature, history, politics or other fields) at the time of nomination.
Grants are restricted to citizens of the US who are enrolled full time at the university that nominates them.
A complete application consists of the following parts:
* Completed DAAD application form
* Curriculum vitae (résumé)
* Detailed description of the research project or the pre-dissertation proposal, including a research plan and itinerary
* Budget statement
* List of German language and German Studies courses taken
* Two letters of recommendation, including one from the professor supervising the German Studies curriculum or the research project
* DAAD language evaluation form (Sprachzeugnis). The language evaluation form is a mandatory part of the application form, and must be completed and signed by a faculty member of the German Department at the applicant’s institution.
* Official transcripts of all undergraduate work completed