Application Deadline: December 1, 2010
The Science, Mathematics And Research for Transformation (SMART) Scholarship for Service Program has been established by the Department of Defense (DoD) to support undergraduate and graduate students pursuing degrees in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines. The program aims to increase the number of civilian scientists and engineers working at DoD laboratories.
All applicants are required to submit applications online by 5:00 P.M EST, December 1, 2010. Official transcripts must be postmarked by December 1, 2010. All other supporting materials including references and test scores must be received by December 1, 2010. Notifications of awards are expected to be made in March 2011. Application materials are not returned to applicants. Applicants must click the “Submit Application” button to submit the application. The following information may be useful in planning and preparing your application.
SMART Scholarships are awarded to applicants who are pursuing a degree in, or closely related to, one of the following Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines:
• Electrical Engineering • Biosciences • Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering
• Geosciences • Chemical Engineering • Nuclear Engineering
• Industrial and Systems Engineering (Technical tracks only) • Chemistry • Oceanography
• Information Sciences • Civil Engineering • Operations Research
• Materials Science and Engineering • Cognitive, Neural, and Behavioral Sciences • Physics
• Mathematics • Computer and Computational Sciences • Mechanical Engineering
• Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be currently enrolled in a U.S. college or university
All applicants are required to submit applications online by 5:00 P.M EST, December 1, 2010
For application forms and further information, please visit: