Deadline : February 14, 2010
Requirements and Procedures:
1. Applicants should be English majors with a Foreign Language major or minor and have junior status in the year the award is paid.
2. Applicants should have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
3. Eligible students should submit the following by February 14, 2010, to Professor Eric Vaccarella, Scholarship and Awards Committee, care of the Department of English and Foreign Languages:
A completed application form :
* An unofficial copy of your most recent transcript from the Records Office indicating all completed classes and the classes for which you are currently registered
* A résumé including descriptions of campus and community service
* A brief essay of between 200-300 words that explains why you have chosen to major in English and major or minor in Foreign Language
4. The Committee, after consultation with the full Department, will select the winner(s).
5. The award will be announced at the Honors Day Ceremony. The scholarship for each student will be paid in two equal sums, dispersed at the beginning of the fall and spring semesters. The amount of the award varies with available funding and the number of winners selected. Awards will likely be between $500.00 and $1000.00 per year.