City University London is continuing its investment in academic excellence by offering up to 75 fully-funded, full-time, 3-year Doctoral Studentships commencing in October 2011.
Each University Doctoral Studentship provides:
* An annual bursary (£15,000 for 2011/12, expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years)
* A full tuition fee waiver
* A one-off allowance of £1,000. This may be used across the three-year period to cover the cost of attending conferences, purchasing equipment or other activity in support of the research.
Continuation of the award after the first year is subject to confirmation from the relevant School of satisfactory progress by the student. Recipients will usually be expected to undertake some form of teaching support activity in their second and third years as part of the bursary arrangements, by agreement with the School concerned. Support for the development of research skills is also provided.
University Doctoral Studentships are available to:
* Both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students
* New applicants who will be studying full-time
Research proposals are assessed on their research excellence or demonstrable potential, and the quality of the research proposal. Potential doctoral candidates are encouraged to discuss their proposal with the relevant staff member at the School to determine whether their research project can be accommodated.
Application Deadline is January 31, 2011
For further information about this scholarship visit below link.