* a full-time (12 credits) junior or senior fully-admitted into the SJMC pursuing a major in broadcast journalism during the award period.
* a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
* literate in English and Spanish.
* submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay on the subject of “Broadcast Journalism and the Latino Community”.
APPLICATION DEADLINE is MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2011
Application package must contain the following in this order (Submit five sets—one original and four copies.):
* Scholarship application (select all the scholarships to which you are applying).
* Copy of all transcripts from institutions in which you have taken courses, including FIU (official or unofficial from school’s web page or from www.facts.org).
* Copy of current SASS report (FIU students).
* Essay – Follow the specific requirement of each applicable scholarship.
* At least one letter of recommendation (SJMC faculty preferred).
* Any other supporting documentation-such as, resumes, relevant course work, samples of your abilities, accomplishments, etc.
Submit scholarship application package to:
Office of Student Service
School of Journalism & Mass Communication
Florida International University
Biscayne Bay Campus, AC2-230
3000 NE 151st Street
North Miami, FL 33181