The American Astronautical Society (AAS) is pleased to offer the $10,000 Lady Mamie Ngan Memorial Scholarship for students to attend the International Space University’s 2011 Space Studies Program in Graz, Austria, or the 2011-2012 Masters of Science (Space Studies or Space Management) programs conducted at the ISU Central Campus in Strasbourg, France.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
1. Applicants must be U.S. citizens.
2. Applicants must have completed an academic qualification at the level of the Bachelor’s degree awarded by an accredited university.
3. Applicants must fill out the application form and prepare a one-page essay as indicated on the form.
4. In the selection process, preference will be given to members and student members of the AAS, and also to members of Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS-USA).
5. The successful candidate will be required to:
* Prepare, on request, an article on the “ISU experience” for publication in the AAS Space Times magazine
* Serve as an AAS/ISU spokesperson at times and venues to be mutually agreed.
Scholarship Award Administration
The deadline for completed application form and essay is 4 January 2011.
Note: This is not an application for ISU admission. A separate application must be made for admission to ISU at www.isunet.edu. In order to be considered for the Lady Mamie Ngan Memorial Scholarship, this separate application to ISU must meet the University’s posted deadlines.
Applications should be addressed to:
American Astronautical Society
6352 Rolling Mill Place, Suite 102
Springfield, VA 22152-2370
Applications (with “ISU Scholarship – 2011″ as the subject line) should be submitted via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship application: MS Word document – PDF